- Roots can be a major problem for older drain pipes under your lawn if you have trees. It is much less expensive to have these pipes checked and cleaned than to back sewage or water up into your home or to replace the drain pipe which is usually three or four feet under ground.
- An improperly drained garbage disposer can cause drain water to enter a dishwasher that is connected to the same drain pipe.
- Check overflow valves in toilets to make sure the level in the tank is not too low or too high.
- Consider replacing older toilets with new 1.5 gallon flush toilets to save on water without losing performance of the toilet.
- Allow the water to run for a few moments after using your garbage disposer, to make sure the material passes into the main drain to help avoid clogs.
- Avoid putting shell fish into your garbage disposer.
- Get free advice from our Kithchens and Baths showroom plumbing experts before you replace faucets and fixtures. Buying the wrong product for your location can be costly, especially if you are remodelling.